AICE APPLICANTS – 2016/2017
Students will not receive invitations to apply
The AICE application is open to qualified students zoned for Fleming Island High School. Students who are out-of-zone will have to apply for a Special Pupil Assignment which must be approved by the county office. Those approvals cannot be guaranteed, and space in the program is reserved for FIHS zoned students.
December 7th - Application made available for download on AICE website
January 14th - Parent/student information meeting FIHS cafeteria 7 p.m.
January 25th - Applications due to FIHS
February 5th - Acceptance letters mailed
February 19th - Deadline to return letter of intent
• 7th Grade FSA ELA Scores must be 71% or above and Math 75% or above
• Students must have taken Algebra I Honors or Geometry Honors in 8th grade
• Geometry in 8th grade must have scored 75% or above on the Algebra I EOC
• Favorable teacher recommendations
• Grades of A or B in all core academic subjects
• No discipline record or chronic absenteeism
• Completion of the application, including the written essay